torsdag den 19. juli 2012

Drivers side a-post (mostly!) done!

So, last night I got a visit from a good friend, who helped me to straighten the first welded a-post - a slice and dice job (if dice means weld):


Jim do not own "all dem fansy masjines!" they have at the Pitrate Customs shop, so a lot of the job last night got done by hammer and chissel! For instance, the lover rear corner of the patch panel, which aligns to the door:


I then got to show him a little, making the beads in the middle of the sheet metal. He then showed me, how to make the ends MUCH prettier, using the chissel.







He also straightened a few small dents - nothing you notice, when it is done, but you would, if it wasn't!


 Next time I have to roll the patch again, as all this tinkling with it bended it out of shape, and then I might get to weld it on!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar