torsdag den 1. marts 2012

Hinges

Tonight I had hoped to be able to make some brackets for the fire wall to mount to the subframe. But as there were no flat iron in the shop, I started fixing the old door hinges. First I tested the alignment with a round bar, but found out two of them still had the pin stuck in them. So we heated the brackets up with the torch, in order to hammer out the left pins.




Then we took apart the hinges on the doors, where all still had the pin in them. One of them was real hard to get out, it took several times with the heat, and then it had still only moved less than half an inch. So we finally yield, grinded the pin down, heated it up again, and hammered it backwards into the bracket. So now it is stuck in there, but on one of the hinges, I shall not use.
So around ten o'clock, I could hang the door on the cowl without having to hold it.

Next week the flat iron should be home, so then I'm back to the original plan - start up front and work my way backwards.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar