lørdag den 5. marts 2011

The right conditions

The project with the pick-up has been laying still for some time, only advancing in number of parts. I have prioritized my time to finishing my school, so all car, bike and moped projects has been on stand by. But now I've finished school, and some of the sparetime has been spent on collecting the parts in my new garage, at my in laws place. My farther in law is a retiered (and some times borred) carpenter, who used to have his own company with 30 emploies. So in the fall he desided to build a garage in one of the sheds for me, supporting the rebuilding of my pick-up. He will also come in handy, when I get to the point of building a wooden bed!
Yesterday - being a former mechanical engineering student, now an unemployed bum with no future plans! - I spent a day picking up the parts for the body from my other garage, 120 miles south of the new one:





The recently painted 17" wheels and pretty clean parts, such as tools, '30 radiator shell and headlights went in to the car.
Back at the new place, I blocked up the frame, tore off the wheels, and just as a mock up, I placed the firewall on top, giving me an idea about the the size of the project!





The back pieces (top and bottom behind it):


The back corners of the cab, which needs a great deal of repair:


So now I have really good conditions for begining the project!

At the moment, I can not see any other option, other than using wood for the rebuild of the cab. But maybe I'll end up building a steel skelleton for it, and perhaps start selling it, if I can make cheap enough.
And if things go as planed, the pick-up will also be equiped with my hydraulic Model A brakes!



Keep 'em kruzin - and stopping!

Dannerr

1 kommentar:

  1. holy shit dude. That's quite a project you got there o_0
    cool ^^d

    SvarSlet